A few weeks back I blogged about developer collaboration feature which showed how app developers and IT team can collaborate while designing an app. In this blog we are going to look at some of the options for facilitating real time collaboration between users while they are working on a case.
While working on case, there might be a project need to improve collaboration and conversation among users within a specific context. By sharing information, users can work together to resolve their work more quickly.
AgilePoint does support a whole array of collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, Yammer, Slack etc. I am going to show how they can not only be integrated at the process and form level but also surfaced right within the case context within Work Center using the custom action feature in Work Center.
Some of the key features covered in this demo
- Using this feature, users can post, view, and reply to messages, to promptly exchange information with other users to make informed decisions.
- It lets you use the conversation platform being used by your organization as a standard rather than introducing a platform specific chat platform.
- The entire conversation history is not tied to a single platform which means even if you decided to change the platform, your whole conversation history is still intact and can even be referenced by auditors many years down the line.
- Same applies for the conversation platform itself. You are not locked in to a conversation platform and if the data for conversation platform is migrated to a new one, you do not lose the conversation context for the case.
- Most of the external collaboration platforms like Microsoft Teams provide advanced features apart from simple chat for e.g. file attachment management, video conferencing, recordings, rich text editors, hashtags, user tagging which can all be attached to case easily instead of having to depend on something basic.
In this video, I will show how to leverage Microsoft Team and Yammer platforms for case collaboration. However these are just the platforms I chose for today’s demo. Same experience can be built with any collaboration platform. I am leveraging custom action framework for Modern Work Center in this demo.
At the time of writing this blog, the custom action feature is available only using Professional Services who ensure the custom action is written in the correct way for it to coexist with rest of the actions. If you are interested in implementing this feature, please discuss with your account manager.
Lets look at this feature in action.