In addition to a slew of new features and Citizen Developer productivity enhancements, you’ve probably noticed that one of the central themes for AgilePoint v8 is a complete user interface overhaul. The same potent, easy to use AgilePoint platform has a new, crisp and modern theme. More than 6,000 screens, pages and buttons were revamped, and now, AgilePoint is as beautiful as it is powerful.
So where does our tireless development team go next? Well, improving Developer collaboration of course!
So, what is it? Why do I care?
The next phase of development in AgilePoint v8 seeks to foster tight-knit collaboration between the various developers and personas that come together to compose an AgilePoint application. Now, embedded directly within the app designer, business stakeholders, developers and business analysts can easily collaborate around an application by creating threaded posts and discussions.
- Search for and tag users who need to weigh in on the thread
- Receive alerts on new conversations or comments instantly via email, or in-app notifications
- Easily manage and resolve open items through a button click, including bulk actions
Ok, so when would I use this?
As we discussed above, various personas will work together to create an application, sample use cases might include:
- Business users offering clarifying feedback on the use case
- A Citizen Developer might ask for IT’s help in configuring an access token
These are just a few of many potential examples, but for now, let’s see this feature in action.