When AgilePoint NX V8 was launched in the market, we were completely overwhelmed by the customer’s positive encouragement and rapid adoption of the Modern Work Center. We strive to continue carry forward this innovation, both on the technology front and on the user experience aspect. This blog covers both the redesigned Process Viewer and the Modern Work Center usability enhancements.
Let’s start with the process viewer, which is one of the oldest components on the platform and was introduced more than 15 years ago. The next generation process viewer has been completely rewritten from scratch in React as a single page application, retaining all the features of the classis process viewer and also bringing in a host of new features. The primary benefits are faster performance, more responsiveness and improved usability. The key highlights of some of the UI/UX changes are:
- Pop-ups have been replaced by more user friendly flyouts.
- Search capabilities have been integrated into process viewer. This is particularly useful in large processes.
- Improved navigation experience with the relocation of the navigation bar.
- Smoother and faster zoom-in/zoom-out and panning along with a view reset button.
- Display of additional process information related to time take by each activity for process optimization/debugging.
- Introduction of tooltip on mouse hover to show more information.
- Allow privileged user to visually alter the live process flow.
- Sometimes an activity can get executed multiple times. Now user can get information pertaining to each individual execution in a flyout.
- Newly introduced comments fields on the process viewer to capture user’s inputs if he/she were to cancel the process execution.
Let’s switch over to the Modern Work Center enhancements.
- Allow users to display cancelled processes comments in the process detail flyout.
- New search filter option in the task search page to search by activity name.
- Option for ‘View Parent Process’ in the context menu of a SubProcess in the Process page.
- Enable user to open the eForm with ‘New’ status from the task list without taking assignment of the task.
- Introduction of menu options ‘Take Assignment and Complete’ and ‘Complete’ in the context menu of Tasks page.
- Support to render process viewer in the same tab inside a flyout
Please go through the product demonstration video to see these features.
Note: Please note that this video is recorded while this feature is in beta version. Some of the labels and icons might change by the time it goes GA but the general concept of configuring these activities would remain the same.