Let’s look into next big feature for v7.0 which is Page builder for designing customized portal experience for your organization. This is a heavily sought after feature among the customer base.
Anyone who has ever built a customized web page with forms and widgets combined on single screen will tell you that it can be a time consuming task. As you know AgilePoint did have capability of creating custom portal pages and modules in past as well but creating custom home page or a menu needed a professional developers help. One of the things on product bucket list was to see if we can smoothen out this experience and let someone create a portal page just by drag and drop using just his browser window and not having to resort to any sort of IDE or programming language. This way simple to medium complexity pages and menus can be created by non-technical users and they can still involve technical users to create code based portal modules for more advanced pixel perfect pages.
Few key features
- With AgilePoint NX 7.0, citizen developers can create customized web pages based on corporate UX and branding guidelines.
- Pages built with AgilePoint NX 7.0 can include images, videos, animations, feeds, forms, widgets, etc. and can be integrated with the existing business apps and business data.
- Since development is based on a click-to-add approach, the user need not use any IDE (Integrated Development Environment) or learn any programming language (JSP, ASP, PHP, etc).
- Pages are built with widgets which can be customized as per your needs using the properties pane.
- Custom branding
- Customized layouts
- Custom Menu
- Use multiple eForms on same page as widgets
- Custom CSS
- Responsive page rendering
- Inbulit Page Manager with capabilities for cloning, editing, publishing and unpublishing pages.
- Security controlled by AgilePoint role based permission Framework.
For advanced needs developers can still create portal modules like we did in past but this component should serve the needs of majority of clients. This becomes a strong offering when combined with Forms Based Apps and Data Entities Framework as you can quickly create custom widgets like Map, barcode, contact us forms, Announcement list, search forms and add them as widgets on the page without resorting to coding for most things.
Here is a quick overview of how to build a page using this module.