Are you excited? Well, you should be!
Get ready to witness the extraordinary as yet another AgilePoint innovation bomb hurtles out of its orbit, and is aimed directly at you – our loyal customers, propelling your Digital Transformation into the next dimension! Brace yourselves for the unveiling of yet another colossal release that will redefine the very fabric of business-led, cross-functional automation at scale!
Meet AgilePoint NX v9.0 – the bigger, stronger and faster brother of the already formidable AgilePoint NX v8.0. AgilePoint NX v9.0 builds upon the foundation laid previously and delivers an improved user experience and tech stack modernization that’s sure to turn heads.
First, a little history lesson to help you understand how far we’ve come in our commitment to deliver relentless innovation – Way back in 2015, AgilePoint released version 6, which featured a tightly integrated portal experience for users of all stripes – developers, business users and administrators. At the time, this was a tremendous leap forward, but since then things have changed. We’ve since added millions of users, and technology has continued to evolve at a break-neck pace. The time is now to reinvent AgilePoint’s portal and position it to scale to the demands of the world’s largest and most dynamic brands.
So, What’s the Net-Net?
Well, as we mentioned the older portal could be a bit sluggish, and in today’s terms, isn’t exactly built upon bleeding-edge technology, so today we are giving you a first glimpse at the completely re-architected AgilePoint Portal. Here’s a few tidbits that ought to whet your whistle until this release is GA:
- Tapping into the power of Node.JS runtime makes it 55% lighter from a code perspective, and up to 200-300% faster than AgilePoint NX v8.0 Portal
- Homepage, login screen and password reset pages have all been improved, striking an important balance of graphical and visual improvements without requiring ANY user retraining
- Under the hood, the identity module has been entirely reworked per the Open ID Connect protocol and is now a standalone component – feel free to plug in your own authentication, no matter how obscure it might be!
- Further contributing to this blazing speed is that we’ve swapped the resource-intensive IIS hosting for a native Windows service, not to mention that this architecture also sets the groundwork for cross-platform implementation
- Speak Arabic, Hebrew or Urdu? We’ve got you covered with Right-to-Left support.
- Does not need a dedicated database to host portal related tables
With that, I am officially running low on bullet points, but as you can see the code rewrite and rearchitecting of the portal in AgilePoint NX v9.0 means a more appealing and intuitive, faster and more secure experience for your users, and in coming blogs, you’ll see those same benefits extend to each and every module in the platform. Oh, and Developers – you’re going to love the new extensible framework upon which the portal is built!
We hope that you will like what you see and will continue to provide feedback to help us deliver even better experience. Our product has always been driven by our customers and users, and it’s your feedback and energy that will continue to drive its improvement going forward.
Over the next 8-10 weeks, we would be announcing a lot of new features and sneak peek into AgilePoint NX v9.0 before it is generally available. It is by far the biggest release we have had so keep following the blog for more updates.
Enjoy the anticipation, we can’t wait to tell you more.
Now watch this short video overview to know more about the next-gen portal in AgilePoint NX v9.0.