If you’ve been reading my blog recently, you already know that AgilePoint NX v8.0 release is packed to the gills with a fresh, modern user interface, new features and integrations, and citizen developer-oriented usability enhancements – to say that we’re excited to share it with you would be a massive understatement!
One of the key pieces of this milestone release is a module that touches every single user in the organization – the Work Center. For many years, our customers and partners alike praised this powerful module for its ability to provide an easily customizable view of all pending work items, and giving quick access to applications. There was only one problem, the look and feel left a bit to be desired. The current version of Work Center was designed back in 2014 and UX trends have evolved significantly since then.
As the entire platform has a modern UX in v8.0 release, we sought to make the modern Work Center as inviting to the user as it is functional, and made a host of productivity enhancements along the way.
So, what’s new?
In our upcoming release, we’ve made it easier than ever to get your work done on time, and balance all of the competing priorities our users deal with each day.
- Have a work item you must complete for a VIP customer, a new budget you need to submit, or simply want to remind yourself of something you must get done today? AgilePoint’s modern Work Center experience provides a day planner right out of the box to make managing all kinds of tasks simple and efficient.
- Easily visualize work items using a new, modern card layout, and manage task assignment with an intuitive drag-and-drop experience.
- An entirely new task summary view will help prioritize your work list by drawing attention to upcoming deadlines today, tomorrow, and next week. It even includes an estimated time to complete based on past performance.
- And for those of you who fill new requests or submissions regularly, a ‘Clone Request’ feature saves you from repetitive, error-prone manual data entry by auto-filling the data from your past submission.
- Have a critical request that you want to watch from start to finish? Simply pin a process to your watchlist, for instant visibility into your submission at each step of the way
While we can barely contain our excitement about this groundbreaking enhancement to a core module, we realize that our customers will want to control how and when this is rolled out. It is for this reason that administrators can choose to delay this feature on a global basis until users are trained on all it has to offer. What’s more, individual users can also choose when to take advantage of all of the new productivity enhancements via a toggle. As always with AgilePoint, the choice is yours, you have complete control!
Now watch this short video overview to experience the new Work Center.
Please note that at the time of recording this video, this feature is still in beta and is expected to undergo some minor label and UI changes before the general availability release.