AgilePoint NX v8.0 is the latest major leap forward in a rich tradition of relentless product innovation. As you’ve seen in prior videos, there are a number of recurring themes for the upcoming release – a crisp and modern UX, new features, and laser focus on enabling the less technical application designer, sometimes called Citizen Developers.
This theme is furthered by our entirely revamped ‘Add an App’ experience which is an interactive dialog where an application designer takes their first few steps in building a new application, and specifies some of the high-level, yet crucial elements of their next project.
As a budding Citizen Developer, what’s in it for me?
The feedback from our customers and partners was loud and clear – ‘How can we take AgilePoint’s powerful application composition capabilities, and make it easier to use for non-developers?’
Using the modern, ‘Add an App’ experience, as citizen developers you will:
- Be guided through the application creation process using plain language that is free of technical jargon
- Leverage beautiful application themes for just the right aesthetic
- Step through a checklist of common application dependencies such as:
- Connecting to external data
- Applying the right style to your app
- Repositories for uploaded files
- Targeting the app to groups and roles
- Securely share your app for co-authoring and ownership
I’m an Administrator, what about me?!
While the modern ‘Add an App’ dialog exemplifies our commitment to supporting Citizen Developers, we know that as Administrators, you need to control when this rolls out. As always, this is entirely up to you, and can be easily enabled when your team is ready!
Lets look at this feature in action